Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Work In Progress Wednesday

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Four days off to eat and sew - what a delicious way to spend the rest of the week. I will not be going home to Cotton Creek, Alabama; I will instead stay here in Virginia. But I will be spending Thanksgiving day with friends who love me, so that is just as good.

I have a plan for the extended weekend - to work on projects already in progress, plus one new one. The Thanksgiving list includes:

  • Finish the lap quilt for my prayer sister, Maria

  • Finish a project I am secretly doing as a gift

  • Begin sewing the blocks for Tammy's Asian Strip Gift Quilt

  • Make a wool skirt. I'm in dire need of winter clothes.

May everyone have a safe and love filled Thanksgiving! And happy sewing to all.


Parting shot: My brother and me not far from Cotton Creek. The house is the old farmhouse my great-grandmother Daisy lived and died in and where she made all her quilts. I have great memories of this house from my childhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know we will miss you at Thanksgiving down here in the deep South. Love you. Mom