Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Work In Progress Wednesday


It's a really good thing I made that binding this weekend; on Tuesday, Susan Caldwell of Quilting Around the Block called me to tell me my quilt was done. I can't remember the name of the pantograph she used to quilt it, but it was perfect with the Piece O'Cake fabric I used. As soon as I got it home, I started sewing on the binding, which I oh so convienently had on hand. Tonight I will start handstitching it to the back.

This weekend I hope to post instructions for this very easy and fast quilt. My version is based on a quilt pattern VickiW and Anne designed a few years ago. They dubbed it the "Gift Quilt" because the concept was to take 20 fat quarters (for a twin) or 30 fat quarters (for a queen) and quickly make a quilt with no unused fabric. I've made a couple of the "Gift Quilts" as a result, and always enjoyed it. Not long ago, I had an idea on how to make it even more easy and I sketched it out on a piece of paper (I'm no artist, trust) and emailed it to VickiW. She saw no flaw in my plan, so the quilt pictured above is the prototype. I'm calling it the "Strip Gift Quilt".
I'll show you a photo this weekend when I get a chance to photograph the whole quilt and I'll begin to post the instructions. I can't wait to make more of these.

Parting shot: It has turned cold here this week. Yesterday we had snow flurries, first time I have ever seen such in November. So here's a photo to remind us of warmer weather which I took at Anne's river house back around Labor Day during the whole Craft Week extravaganza:


No comments: