I had been waiting to make this version since I saw Handmade Jane's denim dress. Here's my version:
(Not thrilled about the slightly uneven hemline at the front.) Here's a closer shot: I made the cuffs as drafted which The Carpenter described as "Star Trek":
In addition to sewing view D this time instead of view B, I used the "C" cup front pattern piece because I felt like last dress I made was a little short in the front, and this might be due to the fact that I needed a larger cup size:
Other than that, I cut and sewed a size 12. I found, though, that the skirt was a little bit tight, so I let it out as much as I could in the hips, given that I had already trimmed the side seams and finished them with an overlock stitch, so there wasn't much I could let out. It fits, but I want to remember to add a little extra in the hips next time.
I added 1 inch to length, and hemmed with my favorite method, which is using a strip of fabric cut on the bias and then folded in half like french binding. It gives a nice clean hem, and is an easy way to provide length. This time, unlike my last version, I remembered to lengthen the front bands so I didn't have to piece them:
Just like my last version, I added an enormous amount of topstitching that the pattern didn't call for. As I said above, linen just drinks in topstitching. It makes for a lovely finish, and helps with subsequent pressing, by keeping everything in place. All and all, this project was an experiment in using Fabric-store.com's linen and it was nice to work with. I'm looking forward to wearing this dress this summer!